Come join the dynamic team at Mindful—a public benefit corporation that is dedicated to sharing secular mindfulness to support good health, positive relationships and a compassionate society. With a monthly audience of over two million, this is a chance to make a real impact! You’ll enjoy our positive and collaborative work culture. We like what we do but more importantly, we like each other.
We’re seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant based in Halifax, NS. The ideal candidate will be excited by learning and supporting our advertising department, as well as becoming a customer service superstar. They should be energetic, thrive in an ever changing, fast paced environment and be well-organized. We are looking for a competent and detail oriented person who works well collaboratively and independently as needed. The position will work directly with our administrative team and report to the Director of Operations to provide support to different departments across the organization, particularly Sales, Marketing, and Design.
You’re excited about this role because you would get to…
- Support lead-generation activities for our Sales department
- Serve as a point of contact for customer service inquiries and audience feedback.
- Manage a variety of accounts and systems.
- Provide content production support as needed.
- Process specialized subscription orders and other special shipment requests.
- Manage inventory on Shopify and follow-up with related payment and invoicing.
- Help manage physical office inventory and magazine archive.
- Provide administrative support as needed to various teams at Mindful.
- Do other duties as requested.
We’re excited about you because of your…
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational ability
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Flexibility and resourcefulness in the face of change and new challenges
- Ability to calmly manage competing priorities
- Interest and background in mindfulness is preferred but not required
- Proficiency with office technology and software and willingness to learn back-end of relevant web applications.
You’ll love working here because…
- You’ll have the opportunity to join a high performing team working out of our Halifax office
- You will be proud to work at Mindful and know that the work you do is making a meaningful impact
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Deadline for Applications: Will remain open until the position is filled.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please be sure to include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Mindful is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexcual orientation, in accordance with all laws.